Subject: Re: Radial Fire Effect...
From: Adrian Onsen <[email-masked]>
To: Brenden Mecleary <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 01:23:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Aug 1995, Brenden Mecleary wrote:
>     Here's my idea...create a sphere with the diameter you want.  Make it 
> perfectly round.  Move the sphere so that the top of it is at y=0.  Cut off the 
> bottom of the sphere using either points or polygons selection method, and name 
> the surfaces for all the polygons ("Fire", "Burning", whatever pleases you).
>     Go into layout and load up that object.  Set the color that you desire for 
> the fire at the outside ring (the bottom of an upright flame) to something like 
> bright yellow (assuming you have normal colored fire, that is).  Then go into 
> the texture menu for color.  Set a darker orangey color there for the tops of 
> the flames.  Next, go to the texture menu for transparency.  Set the 
> transparency value to 100% and give it a falloff so that it goes about halfway 
> down the sphere.  Assign it a small velocity (.1 on the Y axis maybe), so it 
> will look better if you animate it.  Go back into the color texture menu and 
> assign a falloff that is twice that of the transparency, and a texture center 
> that is halfway down the hemisphere.  Give that a bit of velocity, too.  Save 
> that and test render it.  If you need it to be perfectly flat, just stretch it 
> to .000001 on the Y axis.  Whew!  Hope that helps!  If you don't understand (I 

	That's something I never thought of (but I understand what you mean)
I'll give that a try, and let you know how it turns out...

		Thanx a lot!

						  Adrian Onsen
						[email-masked]

--
Adrian Onsen <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]